Aerial imagery is best suited for conversion to JPG.
- Aerial images – recommended quality: 75,
- Scanned vector maps with uneven background colour – recommended quality: 80,
- Rasterized vector maps – recommended quality: 90.
To convert aerial photographs into pyramid, you need to follow the steps below:
- Click Browse… to specify where your pyramid should be created. The best solution is to point to EarthlightData \ Raster Repository directory (when you create it in a different place, you will need to move pyramid files manually into Raster Repository folder).
- Add your raster images clicking Add… (remember to include geolocation files).
- Check if the files were correctly geolocated.
- Set the output format to JPG.
- Set the quality of compression. The recommended values depending on the type of data are provided above.
- Start the processing and wait for the pyramid to be finished.