Gazetteer Search Field names
Q: When I open the Find Address search window it allows me to search for addresses but the field names are the same as in the database and these are not very user-friendly. How can I amend these search fields?
A: I will explain to you how to prepare a more user-friendly interface.
- Go to Administration tab, Layers section, Modify.
- Select your Gazetteer. Probably you will have to Go back to main directory, then enter Gazetteers directory.
- Vector Layer Properties, select Table tab and click Searched fields…
- Layer Search Settings, you can specify:
– Search column name – your custom name for each column; you can use same name for several columns if they contains same information
– Search column order – order of your columns in Find Address menu
– Matching operator – if you operate on strings, Contains, Start/ End with is good option, if on numbers Smaller/Greater/Equals etc.