Buffer all records in dataset
Q: Is there a way in Earthlight to buffer all records in a certain dataset?
A: Yes, it is possible to buffer all records in a certain dataset. The easiest way is to use Select By Geometries and large enough Circle tool to select all records, however if you want to be sure that you haven’t missed any records I present you following solution.
- First of all go to Table tab and select the layer you want to apply the buffers to.
- Then to select all records, you have to perform a small trick. With all records unselected, simply click Invert on Selection section to check all records.
- Go back to Select tab, and click Copy on Modify Selected Records.
- Last, but not least set the Buffer (in metres), check Newly-created layer and choose destination to save table layer reference with Browse.
- Please wait… and new layer is ready to be added (with Add existing layer…).