In this post I would like to present a short guide on utilizing the measurements overlay in drawing an annotation rectangle. This guide can be easily used to help you draw other shapes. It can also be used for different tools (annotation, selection, geometry editing).
- It is necessary to set the Segment and Heading measurement overlays to be visible.
- Click the first point and commit the angle (press Enter) and the length of the segment.
- Set angle again (adding 90 degrees to the first setting) and the length of the segment. Commit both values with Enter.
- Set angle again (again adding 90 degrees to the previous setting) and the length of the segment. Commit both values with Enter.
- Now you can either move the cursor to the first node and click left mouse button to finish the geometry
or click right mouse button and choose Finish from the menu.